Thursday, October 28, 2010

Why Blog?

Some students ask me, "What is blogging, and why do I have to blog?" Both are good questions!
According to Wikipedia, "a blog (a blend of the term web log)[1] is a type of website or part of a website."

I'm not going on any trips or doing anything fantastical, so why should I keep a log period, much less on a website where everyone can read what I write?



I guess the best way to answer this question is to give it a try. No one could convince me that blogging would be fun until I tried it for myself. I'm guessing the same will be true for students who ask the same question.


My favorite thing about blogging is being able to express myself freely using words, pictures, videos and hyperlinks. Blogging is better than keeping a paper log, because I get the opportunity to be artistic. This past summer, I created some pretty cool blogs; click on the hyperlink to check them out!

No comments:

Post a Comment