Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Bummed!

This weekend, my husband and I spent the afternoon at Oglebayfest. It was a beautiful day, and we were enjoying ourselves thoroughly. I stopped by one stall to look at earrings, and the next thing I knew, my husband surprised me with a small wrapped package - it was the earrings I had been admiring!

The next day we went to the Wellsburg Applefest where my husband's band, the Adrian Niles Band was performing. It was a cold and rainy day, so I decided to wear my new earrings to brighten things up.

On our way home, as I struggled to get warm, I just happen to reach up and touch my left ear. Oh no! I was missing an earring! I touched my right ear. That earring was still there. I searched all over my clothing, but I could not find the missing earring. I searched all over the van but no luck.

My only deduction is that the lost earring went to that special place where lost socks, shoes, gloves, and earrings go ... lost one-of-a-pair heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment